It’s unquestionable: Professional communication is becoming more and more important for research projects. It's also a growing challenge for scientific institutions, researchers and project coordinators alike. New funding programmes like Horizon 2020 expect your scientific work to achieve greater public visibility. Increasing project size, moreover, creates the need for better team coordination.
Scientific institutions and research projects benefit hugely from a professional communication strategy: Successful communication improves team motivation and coordination, increases public visibility, enhances reputation, and facilitates the acquisition of new research partners, financial support and talented young researchers.
Our objective is to improve your communication knowledge and strategy - and to help you to find the right communication tools for your research project, your institution, and your scientists. We achieve this by tapping into our many years as experienced professionals in the fields of science, research projects, communication coaching, public relations and marketing.
"It’s not about the act alone, but about its perception and impact. The one who reports and explains can achieve more impact for the posterity, than the one who acted first."
Stefan Zweig “A Comedy of Errors”
This workshop provides expert knowledge and effective methods to help you enhance both internal and external communication. Interactive hands-on sessions consolidate and deepen the knowledge thereby acquired in the context of your own research project and institute. Communicate! can be a one or two day workshop in either English or German.
• Introduction & Basics:
Relevance, Horizon 2020, Overview of Communication Tools
• Communication Strategy:
Strategy Process, Communication Plan, Hands-on-Session
• Interpersonal Communication:
Elevator Pitch, Smalltalk, Hands-on-Session
• External Communication:
Public Relations, Online Communications & Social Media, Hands-on-Session
• Internal Communication:
Team Building & Team Communication, Hands-on-Session
• Key communication tools and procedures for strategic decision-making.
• Ability to improve the public visibility of your project, institute and scientists and to communicate with your team and partners.
• Project coordinators & managers and work package leaders
• Task leaders
• Advisors from supporting institutions
Communication within interdisciplinary teams, created, for instance, during funded research projects, is a challenging undertaking. We offer a support package for research project coordinators to help them to build up a project-internal communication culture.
• Preparation for the kick-off meeting
• Moderation of important sessions and meetings
• Networking session during social event (e.g. kick-off dinner)
• Presentation of inter-project communication session
• Achievement of an improved communication culture and better team interactions throughout the project.
• An ability to analyse team roles and stakeholders. Enhanced team member identification with the project's overarching goals.
• Increased probability of continuing collaboration following project completion.
• Project leaders or coordinators of international collaborative research projects.
Communication within interdisciplinary teams, created, for instance, during funded research projects, is a challenging undertaking. We offer a support package for research projects coordinators that helps them to build up an external communi-cation culture for their projects.
• Strategy: Definition of Key Messages, Audiences and Target Groups
• Tools: Public Relations,
Online Communications, etc.
• Communication Plan: Schedule, Processes and Responsibilities
• Ability to manage external communication for your project or institution.
• Ability to increase the public visibility and reputation of your project, institution and scientists.
• Project leaders or coordinators of international collaborative research projects